Some fellow bloggers started out the New Year with blogs that started with “x (amount) of things you didn’t know about me”. I was intrigued, and found their answers interesting. I’m not sure if it was a challenge from wordpress that I may have missed, but I’ve read a few blogger’s “things you don’t know about me” and I thought I really didn’t want to do it, because I feel like I’ve been pretty open about who I am and what else would you guys really need to know, right? But, I thought it might be a fun write, and it might get a conversation started, so what the heck. The typical number of things is 15, I’ve decided to go with 10, because quite frankly there are some things you don’t know about me, and I don’t want you to.
10 things you didn’t know about me that I don’t mind confessing to:
1. I cannot cross my eyes. I think I used to be able to cross my eyes, but I no longer can and it bring gales of laughter from my husband and grown children. It’s so annoying.
2. I like complete privacy in the washroom, seriously. I do not want my husband’s last vision – as he goes off to work or to sleep or to sit in his chair, whatever – to be me on the toilet. I think there should be some decorum of modesty and mystery in a marriage.
3. I love sardines.
4. I can barely whistle. Another very annoying thing. Sometimes I can get a good whistle out, but mostly, not, and if I do, it’s horribly off tune.
5. I almost always have painted toenails. I just like to look down and see pretty toe nails year around.
6. I have a tattoo on my foot of a star, and like my toes, it’s for me to love and enjoy.
7. I take a bath almost every single night, and I can turn the water on and off with my big toe.
8. I pray almost all the time. Seriously. I am praying for you, if you need prayers; I pray for the world; when I hear an ambulance I pray for the persons rushing to the scene, and I’m praying for the person(s) needing care, or the fire trucks racing to the fire. And if I’m naughty, I’m asking for forgiveness and if I’m on my bike riding with the wind and the scents and the beauty of the earth around me, I am giving thanks. I pray. A lot.
8 part b… I almost always start crying when I pray aloud with my family and say anything but the common prayer, which, also brings gales of laughter. I just feel so blessed that I cry.
9. I worry about very few things except one. I worry that I may have messed up my kids, and I always tell them I’m proud of them, and ask for forgiveness regularly just in case they should suddenly decide that I have messed them up. I ask them to forgive me my flaws, but never for how much I love them.
10. This is a huge confession, but I absolutely LOVE to watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette, not that I don’t cringe…come on! I just love the idea of people finding love, and I can’t wait for tomorrow for the series premier. I owe this to my twinsie whom I teased endlessly about watching such a stupid show, and then a few years later I watched an episode with her and now I never miss. Thank God for my DVR (see? Still praying.)